Even the toughest hands are feeling the effects of the pandemic. Washing them frequently, the continuous use of hydroalcoholic gel to disinfect them (look for the ones that less dry and do not alter the skin barrier!) And even the constant use of bactericidal products for cleaning the home are taking their toll. And if we add to this inclement weather, such as wind and cold, the result is extremely dry hands, irritated and, in the worst case, cracked or with chilblains.
Think that although the skin on the palm of the hand is thicker and more resistant, the skin on the back is quite similar to that of the neck and décolleté. That is to say, It is a very thin skin, which is immediately affected by external aggressions. Specifically, now, in winter, the cold dehydquotes the skin and sudden changes in temperature produce alterations in skin vascularization, so that They make it more sensitive, causing roughness and even the appearance of cracks. In summer, the problem is the solar radiation that causes, above all, the appearance of spots.
How to prevent dehydration and chapped hands
The dermatologists of the Laser Medical Institute advise the following basic cares so that our hands are not only not punished, but they look healthier and more beautiful than ever:
- The water’s temperature. When washing your hands, it should be warm, since too hot can damage the outer protective layer of the skin and dry them more. Of course, use a creamy soap that respects the skin’s pH, with ingredients such as theglycerin, panthenol, or vegetable oils.
- Drying of hands. Should preferably be done with a cotton towel, without rubbing, and in no case under hot air hand dryers.
- Be careful with the heating! Even if you want to be warm at home, you don’t have to turn your house into a sauna either. The ambient temperature should not exceed 24º, which is the way to avoid dehydration in the hands and the body in general.
- Hydquotes, hydquotes and re-hydquotes. Apply hand cream and not only after each wash. In winter and In situations like the current one, where we disinfect them continuously, it is convenient to “abuse” moisturizers. In the event that it is already late and you have neglected them, resort to a repairing cream to restore comfort and softness. Below we tell you which ingredients are the most effective.
- Gloves inside and outside. If you are already used to wearing gloves when going outside when it is very cold, we applaud you, because with this gesture you are sure to avoid the appearance of cracks if your hands are very sensitive. But, Perhaps you are not yet used to wearing other types of gloves, those that protect you indoors from contact with water and cleaning products. Incorporate them into your day-to-day life now.
Two basic recommendations: Avoid excessively tight sizes and models with powder, which facilitate sliding, but end up dehydrating the skin. On the other hand, it is important that you put them on when they are completely dry.
- An extra help. If your hands are badly damaged, Take advantage of the night to give them an intensive cure. Apply a generous layer of cream to your hands (the more nourishing the better), like a mask, and put on thin cotton gloves. Let it act while you sleep and when you wake up you will see what a transformation! You have never had such soft hands.
What ingredients should you look for in your repairing hand cream
Voucher. From now on, you will not be lazy and will put the above tips into practice. But if you have not yet put on the job and now you spend the day hiding your hands because they are super punished, take note of the ingredients you should look for in your repairing hand cream: urea, dexpanthenol, glycerin, shea butter, olive or jojoba oil, ceramides, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and / or honey. You can find all of them in the selection that we have made for you below, where we have focused on searching the most efficient products at the best price. We guarantee that in a few days you will be so comfortable with your hands that the only thing that will worry you is what trend manicure you can do to show them off.